Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zubber tech world

I am thinking of purchasing a macbook pro retina from an online retailer that I have never heard of called Zubber tech world. I have not heard of this company but the item is listed as new and the price is the lowest I've found. Has anyone had any experience with this online retailer? I think they are based out of NJ. Since this is a big investment, I want to be careful.

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 2:18 PM

45 replies

Jan 3, 2016 2:39 PM in response to suzyQ526

Their appears to be a discrepancy between the headline and detailed descriptions for the 13" Macbook Pro for $1099. The detailed description says it is a widescreen display. The headline says it is a retina display. I think they are offering a non-retina display but advertising that it is a retina display. Read the detailed description.

I'd pay a couple of dollars more and buy from Apple

Jan 3, 2016 5:13 PM in response to suzyQ526

The difference between refurbished and new is that it was returned for some reason and the apple technicians went over it and certified it to be up to apple standards. Fixing anything that was wrong with it. It has the same warranty as new. Since it is from apple direct any apple store will service it. And you can still purchase extended warranty coverage on it. Any time with in the first year. My daughter bought her first Imac that way.

Jan 3, 2016 5:12 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks! I would have never noticed that! I got on their site chat and asked them about this. They said it must have been an error with their "technical department". Then I asked a lot of questions. They said they are an authorized online reseller. I asked why their were no reviews from customers and they said they were fairly new. The physical address is in Ohio. They said they have a great reputation in the e-commerce industry. I asked for specific companies or customers. They listed some such as E-bay, shopzilla, etc...So, I guess I would just have to take them at the word if I decide to buy from them.

Jan 3, 2016 5:54 PM in response to suzyQ526

The problem I see with "refurbished" units not sold by Apple is that you don't know who refurbed them. If you buy the refurb directly for Apple you are assured of its provenance and quality, and there are no warranty issues down the road. As long as you are in the US it makes no sense to buy an alleged refurb from anyone else. Apple ships computers free so there is no reason other than a short wait while it ships. Our refurrbs get fgrom California to the wilds of Idaho in about three days.

Here is the official Apple refurb Store page featuring MacBook Pros:

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro

Every model is clearly identified with the release date so you know exactly what you are getting, something that is seldom obvious with "refurbs" offered by non-Apple sellers. The selection on the refurb site changes fast so, if you don't see what you want, check back in a couple of hours. When was looking for a particular refurb unit, it had been on the site for several weeks. When I got ready to buy, it was gone. An hour later it was back and I ordered it.

I am typing this at a refurb iMac that saved me close to US$700 over the "new" price and it has given four years of flawless service. From my chair in our home office I can see two more Macs, two iPads, and a Airport Extreme Base Station, all bought directly from Apple as refurbs. All have been excellent values.

Jan 3, 2016 6:59 PM in response to steve359

I think I need to clarify. The one from Zubber Tech is not a refurbished one. It is listed as "new". I am just trying to find out if anyone has had any experience with this company. I would not have to pay tax or shipping so it would actually be cheaper than the refurbished one sold on the apple website for the same price + tax. I do realize that this is not the same as buying a toaster oven.

zubber tech world

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.