Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s battery life

Hi,

I recently purchased an iphone 5s. The phone is awesome. But I'm really worried about the battery life. I turned icloud off, background app refresh off, fewer notifications, email in manual fetch mode and every other possible settings to get good battery life. I switch off the wifi and cellular data before going to sleep. The next day I see 10% battery drain in 10 hours of sleep. Is this normal?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 6:47 PM

8 replies

Jan 4, 2016 4:28 AM in response to ajuvignesh

Make a screenshot before you go to bed and in the morning compare the results again. If there are any apps using your phone at night, they will be listed or show an increase in use.

Standby and usage time can also point to background activity. Compare the usage time before you go to sleep and when you pick up your device again. If only the standby time differs, there is nothing wrong.

Jan 4, 2016 11:19 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks Ingo. Then my iphone seem to be fine. Yesterday, I clean installed ios 9.2 and checked the battery life. I installed no apps. turned off icloud drive, photos, backup, notification, location, background app refresh etc. also the mail was set to fetch manually. I found 4% drain in close to 7 hours. The apps health, safari have opened during this period on its own. here are the results User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iphone 5s battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.