Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are only a fraction of my photos available to be imported from my iPhone to my PC?

I have been trying to import my photos from my iPhone to my PC to free up space on my iPhone. Unfortunately, when I follow the directions provided by Apple (computer-> devices-> iPhone-> import photos), only 80 pictures are available when I have 1000+ stored on my phone. What am I doing wrong that is limiting the amount of photos I can import.

I am using a iPhone 6 and windows vista. I have plenty of memory left on my PC.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 7:19 PM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2016 6:59 AM in response to BeachBug

Hi BeachBug,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues importing photos from your iPhone on to your Windows PC, you may find the following article helpful. Note, however, the following:

After you import your photos from your iOS device to your computer, you can use iTunes to sync them back to your device. You can't import photos or videos synced from iTunes. You can only import photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your device.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

This is explained a bit more clearly in this article on syncing photos from your computer back to your iOS device:

You can't reimport pictures synced from your computer to your device back to your computer. You can only import pictures taken by your device, or saved to it, from your device to your computer. If you need to retrieve synced photos from your device, email the photos from the device to yourself. Then download the photos from the emails to your computer.

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

If you are still having issues, you may find this article useful as well:

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Regards

Why are only a fraction of my photos available to be imported from my iPhone to my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.