Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove goodgame empire pop up in Safari?

Hi Guys,

How can I remove the goodgame empire pop up in Safari?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Re: how do I get rid of goodgame empire popup?

5 replies

Feb 16, 2016 11:32 PM in response to marcela_gml

Just follow the link suggested by Eric Root and the instructions following that by Linc Davis to rid your Mac of the adware. Another solution would be to use Malware Bytes (previously adware medic), if you are scared of using the terminal commands and more at easy with the graphical user interface.

Adblock is not the culprit. We use it on all our Macs with Safari. Never gives any problems.

Leo

Mar 14, 2016 2:20 PM in response to Leopardus

I use CCleaner regularly but it would not identify GoodGame Empire (GGE). So I installed Malwarebytes but it also did not identify GGE.

I contacted Mwbs help desk according to their instructions. A rep named Thomas Reed was very helpful. I sent him screen shots of the pop-up in various places (at one point it even inserted itself onto the applications bar !!!!!!!). Thomas had me take a "system screen shot" using a program on Mwbs help menu The system screenshot clearly showed GGE listed under start up programs. Once the location was identified, removal was fairly straightforward in several steps. I hope this helps

Go to >System Preferences > Users & Groups icon > Login Items tab. You should see a list containing at least two items: iTunesHelper and GoodGame Empire.

Hold control and click the GoodGame Empire item in that list, you should see a pop-up menu with “Show in Finder”. Select that item and it will show the location of Good Game Empire, wherever it may be. It should show up in “Applications”. Note: It did NOT show up in applications when I used Finder previously! (If you hold down the command key and click on the title of the window for the folder where GoodGame Empire is located, it will show you the full path to the file.)

Remove GoodGame Empire from the Login Items list by checking it and using the remove (negative) button and delete the GoodGame Empire app from Finder by right click or dragging to Trash. For good measure, clear the cache and history etc.

Then go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Plug in Settings and remove from Adobe plug-ins

Empty trash. Restart and it should be gone

How can I remove goodgame empire pop up in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.