Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten my passcode on my ipod, i have tried erasing it by icloud, it wouldnt work, i than tried itunes recovery mode, it didnt work and also have tried DFU mode, 4 hours in to the software update to run the recovery it didnt work eitherhelp

I have forgotten my passcode on my ipod, i have tried erasing it by icloud, it wouldnt work, i than tried itunes recovery mode, it didnt work and also have tried DFU mode, 4 hours into the software update to run the recovery it said the connection ran out, what do i do, help

I have continually tried for about a month now, is my ipod gone

iPod touch, iOS 9.2, disabled

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 9:51 PM

4 replies

Jan 3, 2016 9:56 PM in response to 4Myboys4

Sorry, but you really have not supplied any information that we can help with. You forgot the Lock Screen passcode? The iCloud passcode? What passcode?

What do you mean when you indicate that erasing it "didn't work" and that putting it into Recover Mode "didn't work"?

We don't know what type of passcode you are trying to recover, and we don't know why you cannot erase your device, so you are going to have to start over at the beginning and tell us all of it.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 3, 2016 10:30 PM in response to gail from maine

If this makes it a bit clearer sorry, i have disabled my ipod after forgetting the passcode, the information supplied is telling you which methods i have used,

by meaning the erasing didnt work, the device i have hooked the ipod up to says that the ipod needs an internet connection for the erase to work on find my ipod, icloud.

When saying that recovery mode didnt work, it is saying that i have hooked my ipod up to the laptop, put it in recovery mode and clicked restore, my laptop than would say that i cannot restore my ipod as it is locked with a passcode

I than put it into DFU mode and tried to do the same as with the recovery mode, but it didnt work, implying that after 4 hours of the laptop installing files to begin the resoration of the ipod, it said the connection timed out

I have tried all these things numerous times without a result

REGARDS

me🙂

Jan 4, 2016 7:22 AM in response to 4Myboys4

Your problem seems to be that Recovery mode is timing out before the firmware download is completed.

Follow the instructions in the following to first download the firmware and then place the iPod in Recovery mode and restore via iTunes. Make sure you download the current iOS version for your iPod. For a 5G/6G it is 9.2 and make sure you download the firmware for you devices since iPhone firmware will not install on a iPod

How to Install iOS 8.1.3 Update on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Use the Step 5 update using iTunes instructions but download the firmware for your device. Note that if you try to restore to an earlier iOS version you will only get errors

I have forgotten my passcode on my ipod, i have tried erasing it by icloud, it wouldnt work, i than tried itunes recovery mode, it didnt work and also have tried DFU mode, 4 hours in to the software update to run the recovery it didnt work eitherhelp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.