Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic model no. A1051 stuck.

hie , i have ipod classic Model NO. A1051 i had connect with the itunes and it said you need to update the ipod software. on being updated the ipod software it has stuck on display connect to power. however, i have charged my ipod very often.

HELP PLEASE .

iPod classic, MODEL NO. A1051

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 7:09 AM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2016 7:26 AM in response to Rohit Chopra

I think that's an iPod mini (small monochrome screen and colorful casing). Some older iPod models need to be connected to an Apple power adapter (which came with the iPod) as the last step of doing a Restore (and maybe an Update). That may be what you are seeing on the iPod's screen. It is not related to charging the battery. The USB port on computer does not work for this purpose. So, if you have the power adapter that came with the iPod, or another Apple USB power adapter (like the one for iPhone or iPad), connect iPod to it. Third-party power adapters may or may not work.

If that's not possible, you can try doing a Reset (restart of iPod), but it may come back to the same screen

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

ipod classic model no. A1051 stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.