Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apps gets stuck using Configurator 2

I've been stuck trying to update the apps on 22 iPads now that I've converted to Configurator 2. For example, I'm currently trying to update five apps. Configurator 2 tells me this is 15 steps. I'm stuck on step 8 and have been for about a half hour. I initially tried to update all 42 apps and it told me this would take 99 steps. It got stuck at step 50.

Both times the process got stuck about halfway through. Am I missing a step in doing these updates? I know I'm not giving a lot of information. The apps are a mix of apps purchased through VPP and free apps downloaded through iTunes. I'm using the most recent version of Configurator and all the iPads are running OS 9.2. The computer controlling the whole process is a MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. I've applied a profile to all the iPads but I'm wondering if I've missed a step and I'm preventing the apps from updating.

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 3:00 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2016 7:56 PM in response to WPL John

I am using Apple Configurator 2 and am trying to add apps to a bank of 22 iPads. It was stuck on "Step 59: Downloding Apps" for over an hour but the loading bar was still moving so I left it. Eventually the loading bar filled completely and it then moved on to transferring the apps onto the iPads. So if the loading bar is still moving just let it do its thing.

Updating Apps gets stuck using Configurator 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.