You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 album cover compilation album, but each song in that album have its own album art?

Hi,

This problem may seem arbitrary (and I guess it is), but id love to sort it out if possible.

The short version is, a singer called The Weeknd has released a fair few random songs, not attached to any album. I have them all in my iTunes, in an album aptly titled 'Random The Weeknd Songs'. Up until recently ive just had the album art for all of the songs as this (at some point i would like to remove the 'Apple Music Festival text):

User uploaded file

But then a few days ago another song got released, and I really liked the album art. I figured it would be a shame to not have that album art and have to replace it with the one above. But then if I added that new song, to the Random Weeknd Songs album, iTunes sometimes shows the 2 different album artworks (or however many different artworks are in the album; ive had this problem before).

Basically I want to have above album art as the 'face' of the album, so that it is what shows in the iTunes main browser and on my iPhone, but then if i play a song in that album, it shows the album art of that individual song (for example on iPhone it shows the specific artwork of whatever song is playing).

Another way of thinking about it would be, when you buy the Star Wars DVD boxset, they come in a sleeve with a generic star wars cover, but then inside it is each film in a box with each films individual cover.

Ive tried tinkering with it and googling but cant seem to word the question well enough to find any results. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Many Thanks.

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 4:09 PM

You can give each track in an album its own artwork, but the album will normally show under the art of the first track. The individual artwork can show during playback. Hold control+shift as you click on the small artwork thumbnail to get a fully resizable window.

tt2

3 replies

1 album cover compilation album, but each song in that album have its own album art?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.