Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s won't connect to itunes

So I just got an iPhone 6s for Christmas and it's all set up (surprisingly be me?? Somehow??). But now I'm trying to listen to my music and I can't get some of my songs. Before, it would show the whole album (that I bought, in full, months ago) and only some of them would play. The songs that I could listen to had a little symbol of a phone with a check mark through them, the ones that refused to play and would just skip past did not have that symbol.

Based on another suggestion on here I tried going to iTunes on my computer and going to Store>Check for available downloads and that got me the music back onto my laptop, but I still can't get it on my phone.

Whenever I try to connect my phone to my laptop it just says "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes." So I did this, and it now says I already HAVE the latest version of iTunes.

I want to scream.

At this point I just want to get the music that I payed my money for and be able to sync/backup my phone to my computer.

Please help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 6:00 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:46 PM in response to shilajanae

I have a similar issue as the OP, however, after having figured out that my Mac was too old I downloaded the newest version of iTunes to my mother computer (which will allow a connection between my new iPhone and the iTunes) but it still will not sync a single song from the computer, onto the phone. It notified me that it couldn't sync because icloud music was enabled, so I disabled it, but it still gives the same message. I feel like I've wasted my money, especially seeing as there seems to be no solid solution to the problem. I've seen several questions on this subject already, and only this one was answered, but I've already tried to solution offered and it has done nothing.

iphone 6s won't connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.