Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way of playing ipod nano radio without plugging in headphones?

This is a stupid gadget. Probably more stupid of me to not have researched and read properly to find out before buying, but i don't get the idea of not incorporating a personal antenna to the ipod when it allows bluetooth function. So...yeah, with current technology and the availability of great bluetooth earphones/headphones, most people own one and would prefer that than the hassle of a wired plugged in one. That being said, i switched from the nano 6th generation to the current 7th gen simply because i've followed the trend, and gotten myself a pair of bluetooth headphones.

Now i realised i cannot listen to the radio function unless i plug in a wired headphone, how dumb is that? Nevertheless, after all that ranting above (i know the people here are users and not creators of the product so it was pointless ranting), is there a way to bypass this stupid requirement so i can enjoy the radio function without having to plug in wired earphones?

Seems impossible to me, but then again, i'm the stupid one who bought something without really finding out thoroughly, maybe, just maybe... someone has actually figured out a solution or the current advanced technology has figured out a way for this stupid invention that was obviously made without a proper system of thoughts.

Thanks in advance for helping out. And i apologize for the long winded question consisting mostly of my rant, just in a state of disbelief.

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows 10, iPod nano 7th Gen

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 12:47 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2018 12:04 PM in response to adinike

I did the same. And for the price I'm dumbfounded and fuming. I just got it yesterday and after extensive research I've already decided to return it.

What I have found is that there is a Bluetooth transmitter for the iPod nano 6h that will allow you to transmit music and radio to your Bluetooth ear piece. I drive trucks so wired headphones are a hassle for me. I simply want my music seperate from my phone with Bluetooth capability. I thought I could have that with the iPod 7g because the iPod touch is still too big. Basically what I want is the iPod touch but the size of the iPod 7g. Of course within reason, without all the features of the iPod touch, just strictly music, radio and Bluetooth. That's the point of having an iPod, no? Just Music without all of the added apps and crap that'll drain the battery.

Come on apple. I know somebody reads these things.

iPod 7g shouldn't be priced as it is with a half assed Bluetooth feature. I'm returning it today. So thanks for the return policy on it but dam this issue is a huge mistake, you should fire the engineers and hire real people like us with real ideas. I'd be happy with the price if it did what we needed.

And now after my rant praying somebody can fix this I'll stop here and say that a skeleton walks into a bar and orders a beer and a mop...

Good day

Any way of playing ipod nano radio without plugging in headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.