Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook stoped syncing across my mac and iphone.

I have few pdf books which i imported into ibook on macbook pro (running ver. 10.11) which aren't syncing to my iphone (ver.9.2) please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, mac updated to 10.11

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 10:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2016 9:04 AM in response to brijs001

Hi there brijs001,

I understand that you want to sync some PDFs from your Mac to your iOS device. Here is an article that will help you accomplish this desire:

Syncing and saving PDFs

To add PDFs to your iTunes library on your computer, drag and drop the PDF into your iTunes Book library. If you're using OS X Mavericks, drag and drop your PDFs into your iBooks library using iBooks for Mac.

To sync a PDF to iBooks on your device:

1. Select your iOS device. (Learn more about syncing your data with iTunes.)
  2. Click the Books tab.
  3. Select Sync Books.
  4. If iTunes is set to sync only selected books, select the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
  5. Click Sync.

You can use iTunes to back up your PDF files so they will restore to your iOS device after you update or restore your software or transfer information to a different device. If you use iTunes 11 or later to sync your PDF files to iBooks on your iOS device, a backup of your PDF will be automatically created. A copy of the PDF will be added to your iTunes Books library, or iBooks library if you're using OS X Mavericks.

Using Sync Collections with PDFs in iBooks

If you turned on Sync Collections, iBooks will keep your PDFs (and non–iBooks Store books) in the same collections across all your iOS devices and Mac (if you're using OS X Mavericks). For example, if you have the same PDF on all your devices, when you move that PDF to your Sci-Fi collection in iBooks on your iPhone, that PDF will appear in your Sci-Fi collection the next time you open iBooks on your iPad.

If you delete a PDF (or non–iBooks Store book) while you have Sync Collections turned on, it only affects the copy on the device. For example, if you delete a copy of the PDF from your iPad, it will still be on your iPhone.

For more information about iBooks and the iBooks Store, see the frequently asked questions.

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204365

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

ibook stoped syncing across my mac and iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.