Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add contact info to calendar event?

MAc OSX10.10.5, Calendar 8.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a contact to an event in Calendar without actually sending them an email or an invitation?! This seems like such a simple thing but i am unable to work it out.

For example, if I've arranged to have a lunch with Belinda, i would like to have Belinda's contact info linked to this event, so that i can quickly open her details and call her if running late. If Belinda already knows we are having lunch, there is not need to 'invite' her. Alternatively if I'm having a dentist appointment, i woudl like to link my dentists details to this event so that i can call them, check their email. Obviously no need to 'invite'. And so on.

It seems like you can 'add invitees' but then the calendar invites them! I simply want to link an event to a contact, with an invitation being optional - any ideas?

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 5:04 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 8:58 AM in response to dizzi101

Yes, this is a blatant weakness that I've been wanting since I bought the iPhone 1 when it came out. My Palm Pilot did this and it was great, even though you couldn't' call the person off their contact 🙂

The only guess I have out of years of wondering is that perhaps whoever owns the Palm Pilot software actually owns the patent for that functionality???

It's such an obvious gap, surely Apple has thought of it.

add contact info to calendar event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.