Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change default webpage

Since upgrading to OS X Server 5.0 with El Capitan, when visiting the Server's address, the default webpage is always the Xcode Server interface (/xcode/), despite 'default.html' is top of the list within the Web section of Server.app. Any changes made to this list are not reflected to the default web server page.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

(Could there be some jaunty permissions occurring somewhere?)

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 6:21 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2016 5:40 AM in response to jamie.shaw

I had the exact same problem and was pulling what little hair I still have out. I stumbled on this post:

Re: Why does Web site disappear when wiki server enable

It appears to be a bug. The short answer is to remove/rename this file:

/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/other/COM.APPLE.WEBAPP.WIKI.conf

Note, that you can turn the Wiki service on and then remove/rename this file and the Wiki and Web service will work fine (and with the correct index order). However, turning the Wiki service off and back on will recreate the file and thus cause the issue to reappear. To address that issue I wrote a simple BASH script to check if the file exists and if so, delete it. I then made a LaunchDaemon to run the script every 15 seconds.

Hope that helps!

Mar 23, 2016 1:45 AM in response to cmstar0

My god, six month problem that I couldn't fix, till now! I thought Server 5.1 would fix this, but now I am good.

But as an added bonus, my problem wasn't wiki, it was Xcode, and the same goes for removing:

/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/other/COM.APPLE.WEBAPP.XCODE.conf

I am thinking about changing the YES to NO in the file tho to see if that keeps things on lockdown incase of restarts...

THANKS! ****!

Cannot change default webpage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.