Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Windows 10 64-bit install problem

Hi

Has anyone managed to get the iCloud for Windows PC app to function correctly on a Windows 10 64-bit machine with a 64-bit version of Office 2016. The app installs ok until it trys to sync with outlook then comes up with an unknown error. I'm going to try installing the 32-bit version of Office to see if this solves the problem. Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Dom

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 8:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2016 3:30 PM in response to doom2016

OK so after much investigation I managed to get this working with setup as below (list is order of installation). I have a Lenovo T410 iCore 5 laptop with 4GB memory:

64-bit Windows 10 Pro (clean install)

32-bit Microsoft Office 2016 (i.e. Outlook 2016)

iCloud for Windows PC (current version is 5.1)

BitDefender Total Security 2016

DO NOT install 64-bit version of Office 2016 as not compatible with iCloud which installs as 32-bit only on 64-bit Windows 10. I also found out that deleting the first user account used to install software also seems to corrupt things and I had to repeat the fresh install of Windows 10 and other software! I kept getting messages that Outlook wasn't my default mail app even though it was, and Outlook wouldn't play ball with iCloud or the BitDefender anti-spam plugin!

Hopefully this saves some people a few hours of frustration and wasted time!

Cheers,

Dom

Mar 30, 2016 1:46 PM in response to doom2016

Windows 10 64-bit = iCloud64.msi.

My iCloud broke or Malfunctioned.., perhaps via an MS-Update or Apple update. No clue. Turns-out it hasn't worked for a long time!

1. Uninstalled iCloud

2. Install iCloud64.msi = fail

SOL MSG: "Error code: 2343 - The installer has encountered an unkown error. This may indicate a problem with the package."

3. (work-around) via iPhone, <select> SHOW iCloud app on iPhone screen. Then backup via WIFI

Note: Only backing up PHOTOS and CONTACTS - (Contacts fails to synch). ***?

= No capacity to make love to this issue

iCloud Windows 10 64-bit install problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.