Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is only a white screen in the iTunes App Store

when I tap the iTunes app it is just a white screen cant get into downloading

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 6:02 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2016 6:10 AM in response to NikkyL1019

Hi there NikkyL1019,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, there's an issue with the iTunes app not responding or loading completely on your iOS device. Try taking a look at the article below and running through the general app troubleshooting tips in the article below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

If the issue persists, try restoring your device as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jan 27, 2016 9:07 AM in response to NikkyL1019

One thing to check, Apple Support told me, is that the correct ports are open on your router to allow Apple TV to function fully. Your ISP can help you with this, if it's not your thing. Turns out MY ISP had reset my router to factory and killed port forwarding altogether on it. Yay.

From Apple:

Here are the ports to have opened:

?TCP port 123 is used to communicate with a network time server.

?TCP port 3689 is used to communicate with iTunes while using the iTunes Library Sharing feature.

?UDP port 5353 is used by Apple TV for automatically finding computers with iTunes on your network using Bonjour.

?TCP port 80 is used for communicating with podcast servers.

?TCP port 80 and 443 are used for basic and secure communications with the iTunes Store via the Internet.

?TCP port 53 is used for regular DNS.

There is only a white screen in the iTunes App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.