Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote will not update on iPad - endless sign in loop

Running IOS 9.2 on an iPad air. Desktop is a 27" Retina iMac running OS 10.10.5.

I made a Keynote presentation that is about 700MB on the iMac and copied it to the iPad through iTunes. The presentation won't open because it says Keynote needs to be updated to the latest version. I go to the app store and try to update, it asks me for my Apple ID, I enter it, then click Update. The download circle starts to spin for a few seconds, then stops and it says "Update" again. When I try to do it, it asks for my ID again, and the whole cycle goes on infinitely.

Does anyone have any ideas? i have to give this presentation on Thursday and i am getting nervous about trusting the iPad to be able to do it.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2016 6:53 AM

Hey there ChrisFitzgerald,

I understand that you are experiencing some issues when attempting to update your Keynote app on your iPad so that you can view a presentation which originated from Keynote on your Mac. I have some suggestions for you that should be able to help you troubleshoot this issue a little further. These troubleshooting steps come from the following article:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201398

In this case, I would like to suggest that you first try restarting the App Store and the Keynote apps on your iPad:

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Then, follow the rest of the listed steps as described:

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Install another app from the App Store

Try installing a different app that you don't have on your device. Find a free app from the App Store, and remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.

Delete and reinstall the app

1. Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file on the app.
    User uploaded file
  3. Press the Home button.
  4. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  5. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2016 6:53 AM in response to ChrisFitzgerald

Hey there ChrisFitzgerald,

I understand that you are experiencing some issues when attempting to update your Keynote app on your iPad so that you can view a presentation which originated from Keynote on your Mac. I have some suggestions for you that should be able to help you troubleshoot this issue a little further. These troubleshooting steps come from the following article:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201398

In this case, I would like to suggest that you first try restarting the App Store and the Keynote apps on your iPad:

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Then, follow the rest of the listed steps as described:

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Install another app from the App Store

Try installing a different app that you don't have on your device. Find a free app from the App Store, and remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.

Delete and reinstall the app

1. Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file on the app.
    User uploaded file
  3. Press the Home button.
  4. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  5. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Keynote will not update on iPad - endless sign in loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.