Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad can’t start “WeChat”!

I just bought a iPat Air. The ID: zpxykm@gmail.com and Password: “A..le3…”(9-digit)

I tried to install “WeChat” The steps are: (1) On the home screen of iPad, click the icon “App Store”

(2)In the “App Store” find the “WeChat for iPad” then download and install it.

When the installation came a sub-step telling me to input my account name and password.

I inputted my Apple ID and password, it says: “This user does not exist” !!!

Now the nice icon of WeChat--green ground with 2-white-boy- is already on my iPad home screen, but

it always stop at “log in with account name and password”!!

My Apple ID and Password can log into Apple store freely, why can not to be used in the “App Store” for the

“WeChat” Help me please!

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 6, 2016 10:38 AM

22 replies

Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM in response to honglinfromnaperville

> When the installation came a sub-step telling me to input my account name and password. I inputted my Apple ID and password, it says: “This user does not exist” !!!

Have you created a new WeChat account or sign in to WeChat with your Facebook ID?

> Now the nice icon of WeChat--green ground with 2-white-boy- is already on my iPad home screen,

Sounds like WeChat app has been installed successfully.

> but it always stop at “log in with account name and password”!!

You know that you have to sign in to WeChat servers with your WeChat account/ID before you can use it, right?

Jan 7, 2016 10:01 AM in response to bobseufert

bobseufert wrote:

It turns out my link above to register is for the WeChat Forum. I registered and asked about registering for WeChat from a iPad or is it necessary to have a iPhone too. I'll post back if I get a reply.

Only if you're a hardcore Apple fans. No, you only need a phone with texting enabled. I was a WeChat user (but not anymore) and I didn't even have a smartphone when I created an account. They'll send you a verification code by text message. You'll need it to create a WeChat user account.

New iPad can’t start “WeChat”!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.