Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Final Cut Pro X price ever discounted ?

Hello,

I wanna know is final cut pro x could be discount ? Because i'm a student and I don't have $349,99CA to spend on a software. I tried the trial and I liked it because of it facility and professional. I would like to become more professional on my YouTube carrer.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2016 1:58 PM

7 replies

Aug 2, 2017 4:36 PM in response to Russ H

I agree to a point, the main issue with iMovie is that the color / tonality adjustments and corrections are really coarse. There is no numeric value when you adjust exposure or white balance.

Also no way to correct the fish eye distortion of many action cams.

Da Vinci Resolve is free, but it seems to be less intuitive,

Probably Adobe Premiere Elements has better color correction than iMovie.

I am not even sure if with iMovie you can copy the adjustments you made on one clip and apply them to another.

Jan 7, 2016 2:13 PM in response to Al3xCraft

The short answer is no…at least not since the product was first released nearly five years ago.

Honestly, iMovie is a very capable substitute for a fraction of the cost – until you're in full earning mode. While iMovie is not as deep as Final Cut, the two applications are very similar in many respects.

Good luck,.

Russ

Jan 8, 2016 2:01 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ian R. Brown wrote:

. . . the overwhelming majority of YouTube videos bear no relation to professional production values.…

that is correct.

But there's more and more highly professionally produced content not broadcasted (which ties the viewer to a specific time&date and device).

As an example, just lately stumbled upon this awesome channel:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com <<THAT is an URL!?

(use Chrome if Safari doesn't play it)

… which is 'web only'; last episode: Seinfield visits Obama.

Professional enough..? 😉 ok, not distributed via YT… but YT=placeholder for 'online distributed'

I'm an old man, although noticing my viewing habits change radically and continously - when I miss some piece in TV, I watch it later online. e.g there was a huge doc about Walt Disney… 'in the middle of the night' => launching AppleTV/ARTE channel, done.

When I am in grumpy mode, I would take into consideration "a professional tool doesn't automatically create professional results"

Interesting enough to see/read, how some professionals react enthusiastic on the combo 4k + iPadPro + iMovie

Is Final Cut Pro X price ever discounted ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.