Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook G3 700Mhz will boot, but with blank screen

So I just managed to obtain a power adapter for this older iBook G3. Specifically, it's the 2002 700Mhz 16 VRAM model. When I power it on, it makes the chime and the hard drive starts working, but the screen is blank. The backlight is not the issue as when I shine a light into the screen there isn't even a faint image. What could the problem be (GPU, video cable, reed switch)?

iBook G3-OTHER, null

Posted on Jan 7, 2016 3:40 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2016 7:48 PM in response to ArcFlash20

Could be a video cable. You could try to start it up in Target mode, by booting the T key, and connecting a Firewire cable to another Mac with a Firewire port.

There are Firewire 400 to 800 cables. If it appears on the other Mac, then the problem is strictly with the video. If it doesn't your PRAM capacitor may be shot. You can try to extract the hard drive, which is a Parallel ATA 2.5" hard drive, and put inside a case from http://www.macsales.com/ to see if it is functional. Do not get a SATA drive case.

iBook G3 700Mhz will boot, but with blank screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.