You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Header and footer image cut off

Hi,

I'm using Pages 5.6.1, and I'm having a problem with placing images in the headers and footer. Every time I try and put the image in the header and footer aligned to the right, it looks good in the preview, but when printed it is slightly cutting the top of the image off. It's like the image is not centred and is hugging the very top of the border of the header.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? It's driving me nuts.

cheers,

Julian

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 12:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2016 12:40 PM in response to TheMaoriExperiment

Hello Julian,

I understand your pages look good in the preview but when printed the images in your headers (and maybe footers) are being cut off.

Many printers don't print edge to edge, especially on the top and bottom and I'm wondering if this is the issue.

As I'm not seeing an image alignment option for the headers and footers you may want to try either:

1) Change your document margins to account for the "no print" zones of the printer.

Set paper size and margins - Pages Help

or

2) Insert (type) a blank line above (Header) or below (Footer) of your image to force them away from the edges of the page.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Jan 9, 2016 1:56 PM in response to pedro d

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried adjusting the document margins without success. I don't think the problem is the margins. I have attached an image of the image in the header to maybe help you see the problem. As you can see, for some reason, the image is aligned hard up against the border of the header, which is where it's getting cut off.

User uploaded file

I just printed another copy and it's actually cutting off the bottom of the image too.

User uploaded file

Jan 13, 2016 6:22 AM in response to TheMaoriExperiment

Hi Julian,

It looks like from your screen shots that both the top and bottom of your "G" is cut off in the print out (flat).

I tested here with Pages 5.6.1 and the print out was fine, even tested with tranparency behind the G (alpha channel). Both the top and bottom of the "G" are still rounded so I'm not sure what is happening with yours.

Did you try inserting a blank line above and below the symbol within the header? Just type a carriage return before and after the symbol. Or is there a chance you could edit your symbol to add some buffer around it?

Take care.

Jan 14, 2016 4:12 AM in response to TheMaoriExperiment

I would recommend that you visit the Document panel and turn off your header. In its replacement, insert and position your own custom table with the cell formatting that you can control.

With the new table selected, set Text Wrap to None in the Arrange tab. When your table and contents are positioned, and you remove the row and column lines via the Table tab — select the Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master. This will ensure that your custom header will now appear on all pages, or the sections that you choose. As usual, you may need to tweak your document's top margin to allow for your new header, and printing allowance. You may find the View menu : Show Layout useful in that regard.

Header and footer image cut off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.