Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone screen go rainbow?

So, this has been happening to my iPhone 6 for a while now but it's just started to get worse. It began with the screen brightness flickering, then small rainbow fuzzy spots would appear, and now the whole screen is basically not able to be used. It sometimes goes back to normal after I turn it off and on, but after a while it will happen again. Will Apple warranty cover this? I have only had the phone for a year and 3 months. The bottom of the screen was cracked a while ago but never affected anything, I just didn't get it replaced because I don't live near an Apple store. Thanks in advance!

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, Small crack at the bottom of screen

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 1:50 AM

Crack screen may lead to hardware issue = rainbow screen. You'd better take your device to the nearest Apple Store for further diagnostics.

5 replies

Why does my phone screen go rainbow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.