Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back to my Mac errors?

What happened to Back to My Mac? Worked great until yesterday...now getting error messages on both of my iMacs. See below. How does one fix this?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 6:06 AM

9 replies

Jan 20, 2016 9:58 AM in response to Simon In MA

OK, I noticed today that BtMM started working for me again 🙂

After it stopped working and I (unsuccessfully) tried the various troubleshooting suggestions in the links posted above, I first disabled and then after a few days could re-enable two-factor authentication on my Apple ID (there is a system 'timeout' on those for security). I'm not sure if this caused a reset of my settings, or if there just was a general cleanup on Apple's/iCloud's side, but now BtMM works without issues.

cheers,

Leon

Jan 21, 2016 7:21 AM in response to Simon Pride

Yes, working as designed.

As an IT Service Management professional I am constantly amazed at Apple's inability to provide reliable, available back-end services and - more importantly - to notify users when services are interrupted. The book on how to run IT properly was written decades ago (ITIL) and it's really not hard to implement. Yet the lack of basic release, change and incident management is staggering given their size and resources.

Back to my Mac errors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.