Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Change the Tempo of Separate Tracks without affecting BPM of whole song or other tracks in Logic 10.2

Hi! i am having difficulty to work out how i can change BPM of track without affecting other tracks, I tried but when check I found all remaining tracks have been affected by the changes I made to the track I wanted to change bpm, so I am asking if there is any way to change tempo of only some tracks not whole song as I saw logic doing it on its own. your support will be appreciated. Plz.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 12:00 PM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2016 9:35 AM in response to Musicathome

hmmm, It might be an easy way to do this.
I know one way to do this, but it´s heavy.

1. Bounce your project without the tracks you want another bpm for.

2. Open a new project set at the other bpm you want, and paste your bounce from original project.
3. Go back to original project.
4. Copy all tracks you wanted another bpm for.
5. Paste all tracks in new project.
6. Do whatever you needed another bpm for
7. Copy all tracks you have worked with using another bpm.
And make sure all regions start same place as the bounce from original project.
8. Paste all separate edited tracks in the original project (starting at same position as your bounce from original project)

To be said I am not expert at Logic pro x, but this might help you if the heavy work is worth it.

Good luck 😉

Feb 7, 2016 11:10 PM in response to Indyuser

Thx for your answers, my tracks are midi, not audio, if i start bouncing them i think this can be very complicated and too much, I am just looking at if there is easy way please, to change any single midi track bpm without bouncing it and affecting bpm of whole project. This option Ableton has one but I don't know about logic. Any ideas how to do it in logic Plz.

Feb 8, 2016 1:04 AM in response to Musicathome

There are 4 ( maybe more !? ) ways to do this :

A) use new function "Time handle" in piano roll,

B) keep "alt" and grab end of region, make it how long you need,

C) 1) open song with right tempo regions,

2) lock all regions,

3) change song tempo to tempo of wrong track,

4) drop track ( or tracks) with wrong tempo to song,

5) change song tempo to right tempo,

6) unlock regions

D) midi transform function

How to Change the Tempo of Separate Tracks without affecting BPM of whole song or other tracks in Logic 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.