Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How use iTunes to backup iPad?

Hello Sir/Madam:

I have a new iPad. Fearing of mistakes taking, I am trying to backup my iPad with iTunes.

I just renewed the iTunes with iTunes12.1.3.6 in my PC. When I connected the iPad to PC

with USB cable, the iTunes responded and open. BUT I did not see any change occurred on

both iPad and iTunes!!

How to backup the iPad with iTunes?? Help me please!

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 1:11 PM

10 replies

Jan 9, 2016 10:52 AM in response to Phil0124

Hello Phil0124:

Thank you for your reply. I have read the article you introduced and use the method

2 to back up my iPad.

After connecting th e iPad and PC, On the iTunes I did see the File/Device/(Sync........Restore from Backup)

BUT all the 4-choice after Device are greyed out. No useful to click them! How to continue the backup?

Besides, if the backup has succeeded and disconnecting with iPad, can the backup files still be seen in the iTunes?

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2016 10:12 AM in response to honglinfromnaperville

If the backup was correctly created it can be found by opening the Edit Menu (press the [alt] key on your keyboard if the menu bar is not visible), and navigating to Preferences->Devices->Device Backups.

Extra troubleshooting steps here if you cannot backup:

If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jan 10, 2016 9:32 AM in response to Phil0124

Hello Phil0I24:

I am going to learn the use of iPad backup in the iTunes.

For the PC, if to some reason the OS, C: partition, is damaged or messed up, I can restore

it simply with the OS backup.

I think the iPad's backup has the same function. Now I have established the backup of iPad with iTunes.

Some days later, some functions such as WeChat malfunctioned, icons on the screen disappeared, settings of iPad

changed.... and I want to recover them, may I just need to connect it with iTunes and go to File/Device

and click the "Restore Backup" ?!

As a novice, my question may be dull. Thank you for your patient in advance.

Jan 11, 2016 4:32 PM in response to Phil0124

Hello Phil0124:

In order to make sure that the "File/Device/Restore From Backup" works, I deliberately erased "chrome" icon on my

home screen. Then open the iTunes in my PC and connected my iPad with the PC by white cable as usual.

The next step is going to File/Device and click "Restore from backup" I clicked the "Restore from backup"

It responded needing to shut down the iPad power. I agreed and the power of iPad went out. Since this "shut

down" moment , no any response again. I thought, maybe it needs sometime to transfer data, I went to have my supper.

After I came back from meal, the iPad is still dark and nothing on the iTunes. I open the iPad, nothing "restored" in/on the

iPad.

Undoubtedly the "Recover from backup.." is a failure!!

Could you tell me what should I do?

How use iTunes to backup iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.