Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List of Apple TV 4 Apps

Anyone know where there's a list of tvOS Apps for the G4 Apple TV?

There is no "APPLE TV" category in iTunes to filter by (like Apple Watch, iPad, etc..).

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 12:23 PM

9 replies

Jan 8, 2016 5:58 PM in response to turingtest2

Just called Apple. They had no answer either and said it will probably come as an iTunes update some day. Typical..

Till then, anyone out there with a G4 ATV? Before I purchase, I'd like to verify it supports the Xfinity TV Apps (for the X1 DVR) and Amazon Prime Video App before I purchase. If not, I'll keep using my Mac Mini.

Thx in advance!

Jan 9, 2016 1:05 PM in response to MRYFLYGUY

i just confirmed with Concast/Xfinity Via a Chat session. There are no plans to support TV Apps on the 4th generation Apple TV. I guess, when you think about it, it makes sense. Comcast would rather rent you another box to watch your programming rather than letting you watch it for no additional charge.

Guess I'll stick with the Mac Mini playing Xfinity via SafarI to my TV. Expensive solution, hard use Safari video contro from a mouse/keyboard, but it works.

List of Apple TV 4 Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.