Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ancient copies of Logic of any value to anyone?

In the process of cleaning out my basement, I realized that I have copies of Logic going back to Logic 4. Just to ask, are any of these of any value to anyone anymore? Should I just dump them on the trash heap?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 1:59 PM

12 replies

May 15, 2016 1:01 PM in response to Duneman

I am an oddity in that I own about 30 old Macs running system 4 and up. I am also a pro soundman and a Macintosh software collector. I especially like collecting old DAWs. I find it very interesting to see how things have developed over the years. These older programs only run on old machines and I actually use them to produce my own music. I find that if I start with older software and work my way up through the latest version that I end up knowing and understanding a specific app (like Logic) better than most!

Let me know what you want for the box. I just want this to not cost you anything, so don't try to make a big profit please!

Jeff P.

http://www.imdb.me/jeffporrello

May 15, 2016 6:25 PM in response to Duneman

Hey:

I have a G5 loaded with 8 GB of RAM and 2 x 500 GB hard drives. I believe it is running Mac OS X v10.2.8 so I can run GarageBand v1.0 (as I said, I collect all the old DAWs I can find), so I'm good on that account.

Jeez, do I still have my address listed as L.A.? I moved to AZ in 2011. So we will have to do it by mail : - (

I am only in L.A. for work occasionally, and lately not very often. The best thing to do would be to get all your old Logic Software packed up and figure out the postage cost. Why don't I throw in another 10 bucks to compensate for time and packing materials? Is that fair to you??

May 16, 2016 12:17 PM in response to vetteman01

OK - how to proceed? The Logic 7 package is pretty heavy as it has the manuals as well. Need a way to get your shipping info offline and arrange for a check or PayPal or some such. I have somewhat of a reluctance to post personal contact info on a public forum such as this and don't see a way to send a private message. Any ideas?

cheers,

dm

Ancient copies of Logic of any value to anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.