Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Session Has Expired - Login Freezes iTunes

I am getting the iCloud Music Session Has Expired message whenever I start iTunes. When I sign in with my password, I get the rainbow wheel of death and it never logs into my iCloud session. If I try to cancel this window, it will pop up 2 to 3 more times. If I click the red X button, the window disappears. In all of these situations, I cannot select anything in iTunes. I cannot open any music, I cannot transfer any music to a device, I cannot open any options like preferences or even log out (these are all options are greyed out). So I cannot try any of the suggestions that have already been described here. I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2, and the most updated version of iTunes.

Thanks for any help!!

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Jan 11, 2016 12:32 PM in response to EMM79

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

iCloud Music Session Has Expired - Login Freezes iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.