Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to purchase the figurine at this time

I have a problem with the Crossy Road game and an in-app purchase. But I think that the problem is iOS related rather than the app itself, let me explain:

I bought "Piggy Bank" last week, which is an in-app character purchase. I cannot select the character in the game so the purchase hasn't completed properly but I do have a receipt from iTunes confirming the purchase. When I click on the character and try to buy again I get the error message: "Failed \ Unable to purchase the figurine at this time."

I contacted the Crossy Road support using the details on their page (http://www.crossyroad.com/support.html). I've emailed them twice and they haven't responded. The app has a feature to "Restore Purchases" but that doesn't work.

I've searched extensively on the internet and have found a helpful thread on this forum here:

Unable to purchase.

The thread suggests that the problem is related to an internal SQLite database file that iOS uses to track downloads from and journal interactions with the App Store. I've done pretty much everything suggested there including logging in/out of iTunes, hard reboot, "Reset iTunes Store alert messages”, I even went so far as to backup my phone and then reset it and do a complete restore. Nothing works.

The one thing that I haven't done is to delete the database itself and that's because (a) the tool needed to delete the database costs $35, and (b) the last post on the thread warns that it doesn't work any more.

Finally, on what may be a related basis, the app is the only app that doesn't appear in my iTunes library on my PC. I've tried "Transfer Purchases from iPhone" option in the iTunes (windows) programme combined with syncing, logging in/out etc and I'm getting nothing.

Could anyone offer any help please?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2, Crossy Road

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 2:29 PM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2016 2:53 PM in response to JakValue

I don't have much to offer regarding the start of your post, but this paragraph did get my attention:

JakValue wrote:

Finally, on what may be a related basis, the app is the only app that doesn't appear in my iTunes library on my PC. I've tried "Transfer Purchases from iPhone" option in the iTunes (windows) programme combined with syncing, logging in/out etc and I'm getting nothing.

This may well be related, and it does sound like it warrants attention.

Did you purchase the app using a different Apple ID than usual? Do you have some family sharing set up or some such thing that may restrict in-app purchases? Is your PC running iTunes 12.3.1 or later (so it can communicate to iOS 9)?

Jan 9, 2016 3:11 PM in response to sberman

hi sberman,

I'm using iTunes 12.3.2.35 and there are no restrictions.

However, I think that you're onto something with the family sharing. My daughter had an iPad and we initially had an arrangement that resulted in apps downloaded to her iPad being copied to my iPhone. It's possible that this app was part of that arrangement. I don't want to delete the app and download again because that may delete the data. Is there an easy way to resolve this?

JakValue

Feb 4, 2016 7:06 PM in response to JakValue

Hey JakValue -

My son was having the exact same issue... Crossy Road, Parental Controls, etc...

Here was the solution that worked for us:

1. Make sure the iOS device is logged in on her Game Center account. That's where Crossy Road saves all the items you've unlocked so far.

2. Delete the Crossy Road app. (Yes, it made us nervous too - but it was my son's idea and it totally worked.) When/if it asks, Do NOT delete the gave save data, high scores, etc.

3. Re-install the App. All your unlocked characters will be there. Then restore purchases.

4. If the Piggy Bank wasn't there, re-buy it... you won't get charged twice. (And if you do, go to the refund page linked to on your receipt.)

5. Buy any of the other free stuff that's stuck.

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you!

Unable to purchase the figurine at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.