Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer PvZ 2 data from old iPad2 to new

My son had an iPad 2 that he used to play Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time. He made a lot of progress and also made several purchases in the game. Last September he got a new iPad Air but when we loaded the game all of his previous purchases and progress were gone and I haven't found any way to get them back. With the new iOS you can't get into the file structure of the Apps like you used to be able to do (thanks a lot, Apple, for protecting me from myself <-- sarcasm) so I can't use iExplorer or anything to copy the data from one to the other. I just want the data from this one game, not the entire iPad, because he has other progress on games that he has since loaded on his new iPad that I don't want to erase. There seems to be no easy way to simply log out of the game on one device and log in on the other to get them to sync. I've tried various things through iCloud but now that there is no "Documents and Data" setting there you can't do it that way either.

This has been a colossal pain. You would think that across similar devices that this would be somewhat simple but in true Apple fashion that is not the case. Does anybody have a solution for this?

iPad Air, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 9:20 PM

I was wondering about how iExplorer might work.

The apple plan is for you to backup your old device then restore to you new device.

More flexibility is needed by apple. it's your device.

R

4 replies

Jan 9, 2016 9:31 PM in response to rccharles

Agreed. I'm tired of Apple protecting me from myself. Let me do whatever I want with the device. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for it because it's got their logo on it. That's probably why so many people jailbreak their devices - they're tired of Apple's cockamamie rules and regulations for how you use your device. I want one program updated. ONE. Not the whole device. It's my device. Apple doesn't own it. Why can't I do that??? It's ridiculous.

Jan 10, 2016 11:07 AM in response to uagrad89

IF you still have access to the old iPad, do a backup either to your computer or to iCloud (preferred).

You will then need to take the new iPad, reset it to factory default (WARNING - THIS ACTION WILL DELETE ALL CONTENT FROM THE NEW DEVICE).

Once the new device is reset and is ready to be configured as a new device, connect the device to your computer and restore it from backup selecting the backup from the old iPad you just performed. Once the restoration process is complete, all of your save game data should be present on the new device.

Transfer PvZ 2 data from old iPad2 to new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.