Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri cannot set alarm or book an appointment in calendar

I'm using iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2)

Whenever I ask Siri to wake me up at ... time, it says there is a problem and I can try again, but never succeded

the same thign happens when I want to book in calendar.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2016 9:23 PM

I have the same annoying problem. If I reboot the phone, it resolves the issue for about a day and then the issue comes back. I also have the same problem when I ask Siri to play a song or podcast. She can't and says she had a problem. I reboot the phone and she is able to play a song or podcast for about a day.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2016 9:23 PM in response to mohammadsj

I have the same annoying problem. If I reboot the phone, it resolves the issue for about a day and then the issue comes back. I also have the same problem when I ask Siri to play a song or podcast. She can't and says she had a problem. I reboot the phone and she is able to play a song or podcast for about a day.

Jan 20, 2016 4:49 PM in response to mohammadsj

Siri inexplicably stopped working for all commands related to the clock, calendar, accessing contacts, maps, apps, photos, a few days ago.

The only command that Siri can still perform is access the internet. It’s as if Siri can’t access any databases or write to apps like calendar and clock.

After trying several standard trouble shooting techniques such as: rebooting, changing network settings, restoring default settings, toggling Siri and dictation on and off, to name a few, I discovered that in some cases Siri would work fine—but only once, then revert back to non-working status.

There are quite a few comments and posts online regarding Siri’s new troubles (even this thread) but hardly any solutions comes up in search.

Apple launched the 9.2.1 update today I presumed they finally acknowledge Siri’s problem and fixed them with this update. No such luck. I hope they are watching.

If anyone can shed light on this, I’d appreciate it.

Feb 5, 2016 2:33 AM in response to Rosnlorne

Update... I took the 6 into the Apple store and they swapped it "due to malfunctioning Siri". The new one was fine for a couple of weeks but suddenly has gone the same way over night. Not sure what triggered it... no physical change or action and no software updates, just suddenly Sirs has lost access to calendar and apps. Brand new phone again.

As before if you reboot you get one use of Siri being able to access Calendar/Alarm/Contacts/Phone/ Music etc. Then it's shut off.

Clearly a massive glitch in Siri software.

Feb 9, 2016 11:35 AM in response to mohammadsj

Same problem! JUST got my 6s and updated to 9.2.1. Siri won't make calls or work with anything other than the web. #Fail !!! I pray they fix this asap. This is best part of the OS is using Siri to make calls, make reminders, set timers/alarms and more. My 6 plus never had this problem and it had 9.2.1 installed. I've been so frustrated that I want to move to another phone (maybe even Droid!). That's sad because I'm an Apple freak!

Verizon helped me to "reset" everything and it worked for about 2 minutes, then.... Nothing.... Again. Please Fix Apple!

Siri cannot set alarm or book an appointment in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.