Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 * Xeon Win 10 2nd logical processor not found

This week I upgraded to El Capitan, via Bootcamp have installed Windows 10 home on a Mac Pro 3.1 with dual Xeons and am running fine. There were issues installing Bootcamp's audio drivers but dealt with this by installing "AppleNullDriver.exe" in their place, audio works fine and 2 * Xeons run well on OSX.

Issue:

Win 10 only recognizes one of the Xeon processors. It appears that all Win 10 versions should support 2 logical cores. (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows- 10-versions-cpu-limits/905c24ad-ad54-412…). Is there a way to enable this second uProc (logical core)? Have tried starting via OSX restart, etc. There is little about this issue that I can find regarding Win 10, only that Win 7 requires Win 7 Pro for 2 Logical Processors.

BTW, I have to run windows, I am an embedded/App developer and require Win, Linux, OSX and need the multicore speed for VM Kernel compiles. Some products I use cannot run on OSX like Xilinx ISEs.

Thanks

Rick

2 * Xeon E56422.80 GHz, 12 gig Ram, SSDs with a lot of space, 10.11 with updates.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Windows 10

Posted on Jan 10, 2016 10:25 AM

There are no replies.

2 * Xeon Win 10 2nd logical processor not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.