Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Automatically Highlights Empty Line

Hello,

I am using a Macbook with Retina Display (2013) and am using Pages 5.6.1. I am not sure if the following is normal behavior or if this is some sort of bug.

The issue arises when I try to change the format of text I wish to use BEFORE typing anything.

When I have an empty line in Pages, and, for example, click "bold" so that the text I am getting ready to start typing enters the page in bold, Pages will automatically highlight the empty line I am working in. Like so:

User uploaded file

Again, the above is what I see what I hit "bold" (or underline or left justification or any formatting) in an empty line before I start typing.

Then, what I start typing, the text I enter overrides my bold selection, and it enters regular text, like so:

User uploaded file

This is not bold text, obviously. But I had hit bold before I started typing, and I want to see this text bold. It's annoying to have to write my text first, then go back, highlight it, and then hit bold (which is the only work around I've discovered).

Any tips? Is this a bug, or normal program behavior?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 10, 2016 12:53 PM

3 replies

Pages Automatically Highlights Empty Line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.