Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open an image from "Photos" in photoshop? I cannot seem to find my way around the finder to the "Photos" app.

How do I open an image from "Photos" in photoshop?

I cannot seem to find my way around the finder to the "Photos" app.

thanks,

GunnerHolmes

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 16 GB of RAM

Posted on Jan 10, 2016 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2016 11:58 AM

Gunnar,

in Adobe Photoshop use the Media Browser to open the photos from the Photos for Mac application.

In PhotoShop go to File > Open, and in the File Chooser panel scroll down to the Media section in the sidebar:

The "Photos" icon will show you the Photos Library.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 9:57 AM in response to Mr Pixel

iPHoto has worked this way at least since iPhoto '08 - over eight years - direct access to the library contents has never been supported and has always been the wrong way to access photos - the only supported way is (and has been) the media browser or exporting.

as to how to learn a program? Read the help files - look through the menus - ask questions

LN

Feb 4, 2016 10:08 AM in response to Mr Pixel

The Media Browser has been introduced with MacOs X 10.5 Leopard. Since then, more and more applications have been able to use the iLife media (music, photos, videos) using the Media Browser. It has been built into the standard Mac applications Mail, screensaver, the iWork applications the iLife applications. Since MacOS X Mavericks more and more third party applications have adopted this method to exchange media between applications, because the new MacOS X system architecture and the new safety measures like the application sandbox make it difficult to access data in a different way.

How do I open an image from "Photos" in photoshop? I cannot seem to find my way around the finder to the "Photos" app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.