Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do export "Medical ID" info from iPhone 4S "Health" App, so I can save & Print?

How do export "Medical ID" (medical history, medications, etc.) from iPhone 4S "Health" App, so I can save & print? Is there a way to retrieve it when I back up my iPhone to iTunes back up/iCloud back up/MacBook Air 2013 back up/iPad Mini 2? Worse comes to worse, is there a way to take a Medical ID photo with the same phone? If so, I'd have to take a pic, scroll down and take more pics to capture all of the information. I have spent over 2 hrs researching this. Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jan 10, 2016 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 5:13 PM

I am not aware of a method to print that information. Also, if you are doing an iTunes backup, the only way to ensure that your medical information is saved is to encrypt the backup. About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support iCloud backups are already encrypted.

You could do screenshots as you mention. Taking a screenshot with the iPhone one holds the sleep/wake and home button and taps the home button. This should be done quickly. The screen will flash and you an look in the camera roll to ensure that the photo was taken. You would have to scroll as you said to get all of the information.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2016 5:13 PM in response to JanetFromFayettevilleGA

I am not aware of a method to print that information. Also, if you are doing an iTunes backup, the only way to ensure that your medical information is saved is to encrypt the backup. About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support iCloud backups are already encrypted.

You could do screenshots as you mention. Taking a screenshot with the iPhone one holds the sleep/wake and home button and taps the home button. This should be done quickly. The screen will flash and you an look in the camera roll to ensure that the photo was taken. You would have to scroll as you said to get all of the information.

Apr 26, 2016 5:13 PM in response to JanetFromFayettevilleGA

JanetFromFayettevilleGA wrote:

Thank you. In my research I did see where I had to encrypt the iTunes back up. I did encrypt and then I performed the back up. How do I retrieve the backed up info from iTunes?

You really can't. You can only use it to transfer another iOS device. You may be able to find an app for your computer that will allow you to open an encrypted backup.

There are apps for iOS that can export the content from the Health app to other formats that could be imported into a spreadsheet. QS Access is one.

How do export "Medical ID" info from iPhone 4S "Health" App, so I can save & Print?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.