Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth pairing, Mini to Taco

I have a Mac mini 2011 which states it has bluetooth 4 and a recently purchased Venstar Taco (wireless speaker) which states it has bluetooth 4. I have had no trouble and have been happy with the range when easily pairing with my iPhone 5s. I can easily pair this Taco with my 2011 Mac mini, however the audio stream isn't always steady and max range is maybe 10 feet. Right now I am streaming from my phone (next to my Mac) to the Taco which is 50 feet across the house and it is coming in clear.

Is the mini's bluetooth range diminished by the aluminum housing or is the connectivity range just so much shorter than a phone? What can I do to strengthen the connection range between the mini and Taco?

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 8:44 AM

What is between the Mini and the speaker? The BT since may be attenuated by thin in the line-of-site. Also it could be due to interferences

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 11, 2016 8:43 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you for this information and link. That page was very helpful in answering connectivity issues elsewhere in the house. For example, plaster rates high in the interference range and the main level is almost all plaster. Upstairs, where we are having trouble, the mini is below three LCD monitors and a dell laptop, and also next to an old ONKYO audio/video receiver stack. I can't see moving my computer as a solution so I will have to be satisfied.

Thank you for your help!

Bluetooth pairing, Mini to Taco

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.