Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with published parameters from Motion to FCPX

Hello,

I have a little problem with published parameters from Motion to FCPX.

For some reason the published parameters have different values inside FCPX than in Motion.

For example in Motion one parameter is -187.04 and in FCPX is -0.19. Those are position settings for OSC.

If I try to edit that parameter in FCPX, the application crashes after 10s or so.

Any idea what causes the problem? I have re-published the effect numerous times, same result. The software I use is FCPX 10.2.2 and Motion 10.2.

MOTION

User uploaded file

FINAL CUT X

User uploaded file

Thank You.

Motion 5

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 1:42 PM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2016 2:43 PM in response to cinematixx

The values you published in Motion were relative to the project you created. The values you see in FCPX are "conformed" to any project you create. Often you'll see center screen is 0.5, 0.5. Left and bottom are 0, right and top are 1.0. Or you could see 0,0 center and a range between -0.5 and 0.5. Sometimes you'll see the numbers scaled to a kind of percentage (the vertical values will be 0-100[%] and the horizontal will be based on the aspect of the project, e.g., horizonal will be between 0 and 177.7778 for a 1920x1080 project, etc.) It will depend on the type of object and parameters associated with it that you published.

If you want to "fix" the values in FCPX, you will probably need to rig the parameters, otherwise, just live with it.

As to *why* your template is crashing FCPX, that's going to be some other reason and not the difference in the numbers. So, can we get more information about the template?

Does it use specific fonts?

Have you published keyframed parameters?

Anything else out of the ordinary?

Jan 12, 2016 1:21 AM in response to fox_m

Hello, Thank you for your answer.

So, the difference in numbers form Motion to FCPX is normal.

Published parameters are "Center" from Circle Blur effect. I use the OSC from circle blur to animate one end of a shape line using Track Points and a small PNG file technique. No keyframed parameters are published. If I use the OSC in FCPX, everything works ok but when I try to adjust "the numbers" in inspector, often FCPX crashes [today, after restart, looks like the crashes are gone...for now]. The font I use in the project is Exo 2.0. The final project has lots of shape layers and some custom sliders and checkboxes rigs to adjust various settings but nothing fancy.

Jan 13, 2016 1:58 AM in response to cinematixx

I asked about the font your template uses because font issues are high on the list of things that crash Motion and FCPX. You should validate the font in Font Book. If there are any issues, try this fix method:

http://www.iwebss.com/tech/540-fixing-fonts-with-validation-errors-on-mac

Published parameters that are keyframed in Motion just do not work in FCPX.

If everything is working today (after restart) then you may never have another problem with the template.

Problem with published parameters from Motion to FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.