Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not valid apple id

Good Day guys... i have an iphone 4s given to me by my uncle in florida.. When i try to reset it, its asking for the password of the email ***@comcast.net,

when type the password of my uncle.. an error appear "your apple id has been block ..etc etc" then i try to unlock it coz my uncle gave me his

credentials then when i go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password it says that my apple id ** @comcast.net

is not an apple id.. how? how? 😟 😟 how come its not an apple id? ..where in fact the 4s is lock on that account.

any help guys? how can i reset the password of ***@comcast.net ? 😟 😟 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2, 9.2 (13C75)

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 11:12 PM

Make sure you use the exact same Apple ID, and try the steps from the Apple Support article below.

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

If this doesn't seem to help, you should contact Apple.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

10 replies

Jan 12, 2016 4:20 PM in response to davidnagkacute

I'm having the exact same issue - constantly asking for me for Apple ID login but won't let me... and verification codes constantly popping up on other devices.

This is super annoying - I've tried resetting my password and everything... no issues on PC, iPad or iPhone 5... just this **** iPhone 4. And nothing was changed on it to start with... just kinda happened overnight.

I also cannot sent messages without iMessage now for some reason - wondering if there is a link?

Please keep me posted if you find a way to resolve this?

Jan 12, 2016 6:18 PM in response to KathAW

If you are getting requests for verification codes, you may have different issue. Are you accessing this iPhone 4 and making a purchase for the first time with your Apple ID?

The regular security of an Apple ID does not use verification codes. That sounds like either 2 Step Verification, or maybe 2 Factor Authorization.

>>>>>>>>>>

Then, any time you sign in to manage your Apple ID, sign in to iCloud, or make an iTunes, iBooks, or App Store purchase from a new device, you'll need to verify your identity by entering both your password and a 4-digit verification code, as shown below.

User uploaded file

After you sign in, you can securely access your account or make purchases as usual. Without both your password and the verification code, access to your account will be denied.

You'll also get a 14-character Recovery Key to print and keep in a safe place. Use your Recovery Key to regain access to your account if you ever lose access to your trusted devices or forget your password.

Jun 22, 2016 1:33 PM in response to davidnagkacute

Follow the apple info here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This will put your phone in recovery mode. Once it finishes, set the device up as a new phone. Then log in as yourself with your current apple ID. You should be all set.

This also works if you are stuck logged in with an old apple ID that is "not valid". When you are in that loop you can't reset the phone or restore to factory because you can't sign out of Find My Phone or the "invalid ID". Doing this should get you out of that loop.

Hope that helps.

Not valid apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.