Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message: not registered with imessage

why do i get this message when using the macbook? The numbers are registered with iMessage as they are ok via the iPhone. any ideas people???

Tx in advance

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3), imac - old one

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 3:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2016 9:43 AM in response to Eric Root

TX Eric

It does and messages to some but not others. It also decided that it will stop sending messages it happily sent to the day before.

I Was wondering if it is because it has lost the connection to the iPhone. rebooted, deregistered re registered, turned wifi and Bluetooth on and off, said some very bad words and it started working again.

Will monitor it. But for the present, it's solved.

Jul 18, 2016 1:29 PM in response to Daren Pearson

Same problem here. I just imported my contacts into a new Macbook Pro (in ".abbu" format, via USB stick from a previous Macbook, both running OS 10.11.5). Then tried to send messages using "Messages" app. I can send messages to some contacts but for others; I get "is not registered with iMessages" error. This is happening with a contact that I used frequently to communicate with through Messages and FaceTime on my old computer. There's no way she's not registered, I know she uses Messages all the time.

I tried rebooting computer, turning wifi off and on, and swearing; no help. I don't use bluetooth and not sure what "de-register and re-register" means, so haven't done that. I don't have these contacts synced with a phone, tablet, or anything else, I've only ever used them on the computer, for Messages and FaceTime.

Any help greatly appreciated!

error message: not registered with imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.