Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use My iCloud Email For iMessages Or FaceTime any more, Help?

Hi, i have been experiencing this issue for a number of days now. ever since i signed out of iMessages a few days go and sign back in my contacts where unable to contact me via myname@icloud.com

i thought i could delete my @icloud alias from https://appleid.apple.com/ but there its no X button

my apple id is set to my gmail email.

i can still sign in using my @icloud.com email and send emails from and to that email.

the only services that my @icloud.com or @me.com can access (as a login) with is either iCloud login from my Mac, iTunes, apple TV, iPhone etc..

but people can no longer send me a iMessage message or ring me via my @icloud.com email at all and i have tried logging out of all my devices rebooting all my devices complete signet and wipe of all my apple id info and nothing helped..

as you can see here on my apple id it say i am reachable at those addresses but not in iMessages:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

please help is there any way to resolve this?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 27-inch, Late 2015

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 5:36 AM

7 replies

Cannot use My iCloud Email For iMessages Or FaceTime any more, Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.