Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set up family sharing

I just did a search for "how to set up family sharing" and it didn't give me results, only this WYSIWYG html editor. Also it linked to this legacy article: We're unable to find the community associated with the article HT201572. Please select a community below: How to use multiple iPhone, iPad, or iPod devices with one computer

I WANT TO BUY MUSIC and then I WANT TO PLAY IT ON ANOTHER DEVICE CURRENTLY SUCCESSFULLY ON THE SAME "FAMILY SHARE"?

Is this possible? If so, why is it so gd hard? Please send me a link like the search engine failed to provide.

Also, why is it so difficult to post?? "You are not allowed to create or update this content"

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 11:02 AM

10 replies

Jan 12, 2016 11:17 AM in response to javaliga

I get lost here:

"After you set up Family Sharing, all the eligible songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps ever purchased by family members are immediately available to everyone else in the family"

After everything is set up on multiple devices nothing is ever shared. I have been waiting for 3 years for an album my wife purchased. I can however stalk my wife of plan a surprise attack because I know her exact location.

Jan 12, 2016 11:44 AM in response to Ahab the Eskimo

Ahab the Eskimo wrote:

I'm uncertain why your "search" abilities are superior.

It's not my search abilities that are superior...it's the convenience of using a search engine. The answer to your question: "how to setup family sharing" is the first search result....a direct link to Apple's own article about Family Sharing. Quick, easy and to the point. Much less convoluted then logging into these forums, asking your question and waiting for a response. TTFN! Ta ta for now!

Jan 12, 2016 12:12 PM in response to Ahab the Eskimo

Thanks javaliga.

That article did not help, but linked to one that did.

I am using iOS8 so:

Settings > iCloud > Family

is not an option.

Buried deep in the directions they snuck in a bit about going to iTunes Store > Purchased > other users

That's where I can see other purchased items. Not in the Music app like all of my purchase (weather actually on my phone or not).

It also does not help that when in iTunes store and going to the album that you know is shared, iTunes asks you to buy it -- not download it. It's all very confusing.

Anyway that was 3 years of frustration finally solved.

how to set up family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.