Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus - Screen Freezing

Hi there,

I just got a new iphone - 6plus 126Gigs (less than week ago to replace a faulty battery) and the screen has started to freeze - a lot. I don't have a lot of apps and have done the full reset etc. But this keeps happening a few times a day. In addition to resetting the phone, are there any other fixes? Restarting the phone each this happens isn't a viable solution (nor does it always work).

It's fully updated with iOS 9.2 so I'm at a loss as to what the issue can be.

Thanks in advance for any help,
M

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 11:30 AM

i am using i phone 6s and encountered with the same problem, like my phone got stuck and didn't function for a minute or two, but it got fixed automatically after two three minutes and in that time i almost got a mini heart attack ;-)😉

6 replies

Jan 15, 2016 8:31 AM in response to MsEmm

I have the same issue. I just got this phone replaced (6plus, 128g, 9.2 update) after a hardware issue and the phone wouldn't charge unless it was completely shut off and it took at least 5 hours to do so. Now all of a sudden my screen will freeze other while using it or say if I go to respond to a text or answer a call. I have noticed that when it does freeze, I usually will see a jittering white line of pixels going across the extreme top of the screen.

Have you found a solution yet?

Jan 22, 2016 12:56 PM in response to Zeidos

I had a similar problem with my 1.25 year old 6+. White line at the top that would sometimes widen into a thicker line, freezes, random acts of apps.

Reboots, reopenings, and even pressing on the phone often helped for a bit.

As I've learned from the posts linked below, and my visit to the Genius Bar, it is a known issue with the 6+. Fortunately I live in NYC and there are many Apple Stores. I went to one with a big Genius Bar the other day. Maybe 100 people between customers and staff.

I was anxious to make sure that the problem was occurring while I was there. So I opened tons of apps and made the problem appear. The helpful staffer explained that this a common problem with the 6+. He offered me a brand new phone for $329 as I was off warranty. He explained that "it can't be fixed" which I didn't quite believe one poster linked below opened his phone and fixed it.

I have the sense that Apple is reluctant to acknowledge this problem publically for various obvious reasons. And I guess it is cheaper for them to simply swap for new phones for those with coverage, or sell new ones at wholesale price, than paying staff to open the phone and do the fix

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7028290?start=270&tstart=0

Bennett

Feb 13, 2016 8:48 AM in response to MsEmm

Read that some people have gotten their phones replaced at the apple store? My friend here for one..... He has the same as me, a 64gb I phone 6. I went to get mine replaced and the women told me I had to pay to get it re installed which I had allready done myself and to no avail. Has the latest software and am reading it is because its not the soft but the hardware. Apple used the cheap memory chips from Samsung and thats why Samsung apparently have the same problem. Loved the phones have a 4 and an I pad also. The 4 and the I pad have ****** batteries. The 6 was fantastic a great improvement, but now mine, it is useless most of the time. Cannot enter. People call me and I cannot answer. Useless. And the girl at the counter says it out of warranty as it is just over 1 year. NOT VERY GOOD FOR A $1000 phone. Not as though there is a 7 or 8 out yet. It is meant to be the top of the line. Unsatisfied customer.

iPhone 6 plus - Screen Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.