Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch screen has gone black, how do I fix this?

MY Apple Watch screen has gone black, can this be fixed?

Apple Watch Sport 38mm, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2017 2:02 PM

I accidentally turned the voice over and screen curtain o and my screen is black but I hear Siri talking. On my iPhone , it says pair but couldn’t since I couldn’t see anything on my watch. What do I do?

9 replies

Jan 13, 2016 12:02 PM in response to Gs007122bmp

If you have charged your watch in accordance with the charging instructions (see link below), but still have a black screen even after pressing and holding the side button, try force restarting your watch: press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If your watch does not restart, contact Apple Support or make a Genius Bar reservation with a view to having it serviced under warranty:

- https://www.apple.com/support/watch/contact/

More information:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If your Apple Watch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2016 1:58 PM in response to Gs007122bmp

Another possibility is that your watch has a low battery and has automatically entered into Power Reserve mode. In this mode, it will only display the time when you press the side button (in order to retain this function for as long as possible).

To exit this mode, you will need to press and hold the side button.

However, you may need to charge your watch first (allow 2.5 hours for a full charge).

My Apple Watch screen has gone black, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.