Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Gen Won't Turn On

I was just listening to music and I turn off the bluetooth speaker that I was listening to the music on. So when I go to see my iPod, I notice it won't turn on. I've tried everything. Holding all the buttons at once, holding home button and lock button and still nothing. Please help! I've already had trouble with this iPod before. I don't want to lose all my music from the iPod AGAIN! My iPod is a 2012 model if that helps. Please Help!!!😟

iPod nano, 2012 Model

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 1:44 PM

You need to keep all of your songs stored in your iTunes library, on your computer. Then, even if your iPod is lost or breaks, you won't lose your music. (And then, back up your iTunes library data on the computer, so you won't lose your music, even if your computer breaks or needs to be wiped.)

What happens when you connect it to USB on your computer? Does anything appear on the iPod's screen? If so, what appears on the iPod's screen?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2016 1:44 PM in response to aidandaq

You need to keep all of your songs stored in your iTunes library, on your computer. Then, even if your iPod is lost or breaks, you won't lose your music. (And then, back up your iTunes library data on the computer, so you won't lose your music, even if your computer breaks or needs to be wiped.)

What happens when you connect it to USB on your computer? Does anything appear on the iPod's screen? If so, what appears on the iPod's screen?

Jan 13, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Well first, I am connecting to a mac. And when I plug my iPod into my laptop, it says connected and it syncs and everything. But I left my iPod plugged in for about 10 hours in a wall outlet and nothing. And I tested unplugging my iPod from my laptop a few moments ago and it showed a dead battery sign for about half a second and completely shut off again. So, I connected my iPod again and it still works fine but as soon as I unplug it, it shuts off. Do you have any suggestions or diagnostics? And i am using the cord that came with the iPod. And all my music is saved in my iTunes Media Library.

iPod Nano 7th Gen Won't Turn On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.