Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customize iTunes Playlist Background Color

Is there a way to customize the background color of my playlists in iTunes? I like that Apple is coloring them based on the first song in the playlist, but I’d like to be able to choose what color I’d like. It seems like the playlists tend to have a lot of the same colors and they aren’t very appealing sometimes.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2016 12:43 PM

Hi, there is a way to change the colour yourself...

1. Go to the playlist and double tap/click on the album art square..

User uploaded file

2. Download an icon of your choice and of the colour you want to your desktop, then add it to iTunes library by selecting Other.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

3. Then press done

User uploaded file

You can do it for all your playlists :-)

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

3 replies

Jan 14, 2016 9:30 AM in response to CoachCasa

Hi CoachCasa,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes. While there isn't a way to set a custom background color for your playlists, you can disable the function that picks up the coloring from the first song; it is located in iTunes > Preferences > General, in the Views: section, listed as "Use custom colors...". Once you have unchecked that option, select another playlist, and then go back to the other playlist for the changes to appear. Hopefully this helps!

Cheers

Customize iTunes Playlist Background Color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.