Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Won't connect to itunes on Windows 10

Recently I've noticed that whenever I try to connect (with the USB cord) my iPhone 5c to my laptop (currently Windows 10) to sync all of my music, it doesn't show up/ is not recognized, at all. I have tried each different USB port, I have tried:

-Restarting each device

-Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes

-Checking for updates for both devices (whether they be for the program, the drivers, or for each device itself, I.E. IOS or Windows)

-Looking through the Apple website and followed all the troubleshooting guides (iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support)

I don't know what else to do or try, and I just really want to listen to my music. Any help would really be appreciated.

Devices are: iPhone 5c, running on iOS 9.2; Windows 10 on a laptop

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 8:30 PM

39 replies

Jan 14, 2016 12:18 AM in response to mskathymariee

In my case the problem started exactly after the last major Windows 10 update. After the Windows 10 update, before 2 days ago (big update that took almost 2 hours and several reboots), itunes stopped detecting iphone any more. The usb cable is fine, because at windows explorer i can see the photos and videos when i plug the iphone.

Also the Apple Mobile Device Service and Bonjour Service are running fine but itunes can't see the iphone.

I think that the only solution is to wait for the new update of itunes that will probaply solve the problem.

Jan 20, 2016 6:18 AM in response to mskathymariee

I have this same problem too.

With Iphone 5s, IOS 9.2.1, Itunes update 12.3.2, new Windows 10 laptop, everything worked fine at Christmas.

When I connect my Iphone instead Itunes seeing it, I get redirected to the computers directory This PC\Apple Iphone\Internal Storage which shows I have 48.7 GB free of 59 GB.

Apple support is supposed to call me today which may be the last business I do with Apple.

Jan 26, 2016 1:02 PM in response to DanH-B

Got it fixed the hard way. When Apple support called we had to remove every Apple & Itunes program on my computer including Bonjour and then go to Itunes online and install Itunes again.

Then my Iphone wouldn't connect to my Marantz home theater system and play Itunes through the Apple Air Play....still working on this problem.

Feb 13, 2016 5:04 AM in response to mskathymariee

I Just found that this worked for me im just gonna copy and paste and add a couple steps IN ALL CAPS that I seemed to need because it didn't work for me at first....

1. Go to Windows 10 Control Panel.

2. Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Unspecified (look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver)

3. Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.

4. Select the "Hardware" tab at the top When the properties dialog box opens, once more select properties on the lower right hand button.

5. Under the "Driver" tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable here. So you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.

6. Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.

(7. SELECT DISABLE DRIVER.)

(8. SELECT REMOVE DRIVER.)

(9. CLOSE WINDOW AND REOPEN AGAIN)

10. Select "Update Driver".

11. Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".

12. For Windows 10 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

(BUT I STOPPED AT C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\ AND MADE SURE TO LEAVE THE 'CHECK SUBFOLDERS' CHECKED. UNSURE WHY OR EVEN IF THAT MATTERED BUT IM NOT LOOKING INTO THE 'WHY **** WORKS AND DONT WORK NO MORE BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE'

10. Click Next, and let the driver re-install.

Anyway somehow just worked for me and I hope it helps atleast one other person out there.

Thank you.

Iphone Won't connect to itunes on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.