Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s display issue

Dear All!

I own iPhone 6s.

Also I have iPhone 4s, 5s and iPad with retina display.

My question is about iPhone 6s display. In different situation I really clearly see pixels on the screen, especially when read small black text on the white (or grey) background in dark environment. It’s look like grid or grains on the all screen. I find iPhone 6s display characteristics, and it has very high pixels density - 326 ppi, but it doesn’t help to the issue. I tested it, try to find pixels looking close on the screen under different angles and sides, and I find pixels! Funny, right?=))) But seriously, I would like to say, that I don’t have such issue on my other Apple devices: even on the iPad with retina display, which has 264 ppi, that less than on my iPhone 6s.

Could you please explain, is it normal?

With regards.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 2:33 AM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2016 4:29 AM in response to Ingo2711

well, I were in different stores near me, where I could find iPhone 6 or 6s demonstrator, and it's really not easy to find pixels on the screen in bright environment, that has all stores, all in glare . The effect especially come out on white or gray background when you read or look on the small text in the dark room. And it has particularity, that you can't watch it looking from the right side of the screen, only looking through the left side. Or slightly angle phone on yourself.

I found the image illustrated the issueUser uploaded file

This is a typical situation when you looking at the screen not under 90 deg. Thanks

Feb 9, 2016 8:17 PM in response to yunusovaf

This is called interlacing, SDE (Screen Door Effect), pixel inversion or Pixel walk. I had it on 3 IPhone 5s', I had it on 4 Iphone 6. Seeing that the iphone 6s uses the same screen as the Iphone 6 it would make sense to see Interlacing on the iphone 6s unfortunately. It drove me up the wall because after so many exchanging so many Iphone 6, I gave up and learned to live with it. I currently have a 6s and see a lil bit of grid on blues and grey colors but not as much as yours. I definitely do not see grids on my purples, oranges, or reds like in your picture. Try to exchange it! I know I did several times. A bit of interlacing is ok under Apple's standards as I was told but I dont think that is acceptable. I think if you get a new one you might have better luck. I have bought 3 iphone 6s and don't have any grave issues like yours. Here are some links on the matter: https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/2hr78i/iphone_6_screen_notably_worse_th an_4s5s/

iPhone 6 screen quality worse than 4S?

This issue was a really talked about one on the apple forums for the Iphone 5s. The Iphone 5s was very much affected by these types of screens. You are not alone. I hope this helps!

iPhone 6s display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.