Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iBook G

My Apple iBook G3 can not connect to the internet. It dos not detect local networks. Apple cannot support it as it is "obsolete". Verizon could not help me. It should automatically detect local Wi-Fi networks and give me th option to connect. It doesn't. it can't detect local networks. Any ideas Can you get me Apple discussions 4472992?

Thanks

iBook (Dual USB), iOS 9.1, model M6497

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 8:01 AM

11 replies

Jan 16, 2016 8:05 AM in response to eragbag

I think bund saw your IOS 9.1 and thought that was the operating system your Ibook was running. I have not worked on an Ibook in some time so it took me a little to remember that the airport card on them is easy to get to. It is under the keyboard ,which can be removed as there are two clips at the bottom to unlatch. But if the card is bad or not there. Finding one for that model might prove a little hard.If you remove the keyboard and take the screws out of the cover under, it there is the airport card and the memory.

my iBook G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.