Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to avoid alias being created in iCloud folder

When I create a keynote/pages/numbers file and store this outside the application associated iCloud folder, an alias is created in the iCloud folder. E.g., myPresentation.key stored in user/documents gets and alias in the iCloud/keynote folder that points to that keynote presentation.

I guess this is handy if you forgot where you stored the file, you can open it with the alias. However, it also means that all these files get downloaded to the iPhone - that is not so handy. My company provided iPhone has limited storage, besides, many of the iWorks created files I only need on my mac, not iPhone nor iPad.

I can turn off iCloud sync for the iPhone/iPad but that means I get no files at all! I only want to get the files I deliberately store in the respective iCloud folder, not the darn aliases.

Sooh, is there any way to turn off the generation of the alias by keynote/pages/numbers?

iWorks-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 9:36 AM

5 replies

How to avoid alias being created in iCloud folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.