Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download my purchased ibooks to my computer?

Can I read my purchased ibooks on my dell computer?

Dell PC computer-OTHER

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 10:32 AM

2 replies

Jan 13, 2016 11:19 AM in response to kclausen2

The majority of them you won't be able to read on a PC, they have digital rights management on them which tie them to the iBooks app (so iOS devices and Mac computers) - generally only free ibooks and those from publishers who don't include DRM (e.g. O'Reilly) can be read on a PC (e.g. via Calibre).

To download them on your PC (e.g. so that you can take a backup copy) go to the Purchased section : click on your name / icon towards the top right of iTunes and then click Purchased on the popup, or click on the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

If reading books on your PC is important you should use a store that has PC apps e.g. Amazon has a Kindle for PC app that lets you read their books on a PC (and they a Kindle iOS app for reading them on iOS devices)

How can I download my purchased ibooks to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.