Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to burn my imovies to dvd"s. Waht dvd authoring software can i use to do this. I have an IMAC with superdrive built in and I am running OS 10.11.2

What dvd authoring can i use on an IMAC with built in superdrive. I am running OS 10.11.2

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 12:34 PM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2016 4:14 PM in response to kiheisam

iDVD:

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac? How do I get it and how do I install it?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

If you are using El Capitan see this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7251191

Jan 14, 2016 9:29 AM in response to kiheisam

Go to the App Store and search for "video DVD". You'll get a number of potential candidates, some free. I recommend you get one that can save the project as a disk image so you canfollow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Give DVD Creator Pro Burn Video a look as it does have a number of themes, can burn to an iso file (disk image). There may be a free version of it at the App Store.

None of them, I repeat, none have the versatility of iDVD. Once you've used iDVD nothing can come anywhere close to it.

User uploaded file

I want to burn my imovies to dvd"s. Waht dvd authoring software can i use to do this. I have an IMAC with superdrive built in and I am running OS 10.11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.